Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bike Polo and the end to my 73? Charger

Sadly, my bike riding friends, sadly I have to report that the pretty blue BF GoodWrench Crusader is no longer with us. She hit the fence wall of the bike polo court a split second before my head did. Thank gowd I had a helmet or I would have chain link fence lines in my nog!

Vintage 70's bike I bought in Price Hill Cincinnati Ohio

Her vintage years were exposed on the bike polo court when her forks cracked off of the neck leaving the front white walls dangling by the pretty chrome basket over the front wheel aluminum chrome tire cover. Dangling chrome. I was left with two robotic looking tubes, the forks that came off the tire bolts as they were no longer connected to the bike at the neck.

I want to acknowledge here on my rad bike blog that I took that trusted ol' mare, the one speed "Crusader", up all the hills out of downtown Cincinnati including Sycamore, Vine, Reading, Clifton, and McMicken. I loved that bike; she'll be sorely missed.

Up-ended.

No comments: